Famous Scientists Marie Curie Glass Christmas Ornament
Here in the 21st century, Christmas trees have evolved beyond being mere platforms for gratuitous Santa-themed hardware. The modern tree is a reflection of the events and personality of the tree-couturier. Now it is not unusual to find reminiscences from vacations, graduations, births, deaths (eww!) and other events hanging from a bough alongside the Jolly Old Elf.
In that spirit, we are pleased to offer our series of Famous Scientists Tree Ornaments. If you happen to be one who celebrates science and learning along with Herald Angels and flying reindeer, this series of ornaments is custom-made for you.
This particular ornament celebrates Mdm.Marie Curie (1867 - 1934), scientist, philosopher, and icon of physics and chemistry. It bears a beautifully colorized image of the young Marie, along with one of her more profound quote,"Worry less about people and more about ideas."
If only people would pay more heed to that statement, we wouldn't have to put up with Justin Bieber, which many would consider to be a contribution on par with her discovery of radium.
The full series of Famous Scientist ornaments include:
Collect the whole set!
Technicam notitia (the technical bits)
- Ornament measures 3½ inches wide by 4 inches tall
- 1/8 inch thick glass material with beautiful beveled edges
- Semi-translucent image - very cool when backlit by tree lighting
- Image printed with permanent, non-toxic inks - will not run or fade
- Red grosgrain ribbon included. Tree limb, pine cone, beads, gingerbread man, star cookies and table not included. We have to say this because some rocket surgeon actually complained that the ornament they received did not include all of this. Some people are a waste of oxygen.