Torture the Data Coffee or Tea Mug
Ronald Coase was that rarest of creatures, an economist with some common sense, and he had little tolerance for the statistical work of his fellow economic scientists. He one said, "If economists wished to study the horse, they wouldn't go and look at horses. They'd sit in their studies and say to themselves, "what would I do if I were a horse?""
He also knew that if you beat the data long enough, it will eventually tell you what it knows. Or more likely, it will tell you what you want it to say, which is the cause of far too many boneheaded economic policies.
Technicam notitia (the technical bits)
- Mug holds 11oz / 325ml of your favorite hot or cold beverage.
- White exterior and interior.
- Lead free.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Our lawyer requires us to notify you that if you fill this mug with a hot beverage, the contents may be hot.
- We really need to get a better lawyer.