Floppy Disk Drive Patent- Historic Technology Patents Series
● One Piece Wooden Plaque with Built in Black Frame includes keyhole back for easy hanging
● Plaque dimensions: 9" x12" x .625" - Artwork Dimensions: 7.875" x 10.875"
● Printed on gloss wood surface which can be wiped clean with a damp cloth- no glass to get broken
● Permanently printed on wood surface- will not fade or warp like a paper image
● Great office gift for any computer engineer, nerd, geek or techie
Those who grew up in the era of broadband and wifi have no appreciation for the trails blazed by your computing ancestors. It's simply taken for granted that sending a gigabyte-sized file magically through the ether is No Big Deal - in fact, if it takes more than 5 seconds, it's perfectly annoying.
Children, it wasn't always that way.
Back in the '70s, the only way to easily move data from computer to computer was with tape - either big bulky 9-tracks or slow, tiny cassettes. Both of them were, shall we say, less than optimal.
Then along came US Patent 4,040,106. Suddenly you could read and write ridiculous amounts of information (160Kb - can you imagine!) on a 5¼ combination of magnetic media and cardboard. You could save something to a floppy disk, walk it over to another computer, and read that same information!
This plaque bears the text and image of the patent for one of the original floppy drives - a game changer in the computing world. This would look fantastic in the office of any computer-oriented person - be they someone new in the biz, or actually old enough to have used one.
And if you're in the market for cool technical patents, you've come to the right place. In addition to this one, we offer:
- Patent 4,317,146 - Compact magnetic disk storage system
- Patent 6,225,981 - Wireless Computer Mouse
- Patent 4,521,851 - Central Processor
- Patent 4,415,769 - Acoustic Coupler
Collect the whole set!